My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Storms A Brew'n

It's 11:04 p.m. And the county above ours has a severe thunderstorm warning. We live 100 feet from that county, so you could say that we have a warning as well. I usually like watching storms roll into our area. But not at night... because I can't see them roll in. As a result, if we have a severe storm warning, I can't get to sleep. I'm usually up flipping through the channels between our local stations and the Weather Channel as I rock back and forth in a fetal position. And it gets worse if the radar picks up rotation in the storms. So, I've got to go. I've got to lay out shoes, break out the flash light and get into position on the floor to monitor the weather.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are your parents' son after all - we can tell there's a storm brewing if Molly pants and drools all over us as she tries to crawl up in our laps - or wait a minute - maybe that's what we do - anyway - keep your eyes to the sky - or as Pat would say "Gettin a little dark out there!"

11:51 PM  
Blogger Corey Mann said...

We drove directly into the storm. We got a lakehouse for the rest of the week and it was like driving into armageddon. Now the electricity is out and we are stuck at my moms. Yikes.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home