My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Get 2 Step'n

I love this photo. I've never been there, but I love how the stairs lead up to the beaming light. It's just a cool shot. It looks like if you made it to the top, you'd be surrounded by it. Thing is, it can't happen unless you get to the top. And you can't get to the top unless you take steps in that direction. You have to make the decision move and take that
next step.
So here's the deal. I'm feeling like I'm at a crossroads since returning from Mexico – feeling like there's a next step for me. Truth is, I've been feeling that for a few months, and it was confirmed in Mexico during our first worship time on Saturday. I'm usually not one that gets "freaky God spoke to me" kind of person. And I really don't want to be dramatic. But it was like God gave his "God-nudge" and said, "it's time." It's time to change your old worn out walking shoes and lace up some new cross-trainers. It's time to renew your vision of who "I AM" is and renew your vision of what "I AM" has called you to be. It's time to renew your vision of what "I AM" is asking you to do. That's what hit me the first night in Mexico this year.
At this point I don't know what that looks like. I don't know what all that means. I do know that it's a process and that I'm praying that God will clue me in on what he has in store. And I do know that if I want to make it to the top to be surrounded by the light, I have to do my part and keep taking steps toward that direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home