My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Free at last. Free at last.

Thank God almighty, we are free at last. Today 11:14 a.m. I took our dog Roxi and dropped her off at the Humane Society. I know that I'll be thought of as cruel by some people. But, oh well. It was time. I actually wanted to do it way earlier than today. But I held out because I wasn't sure that Jami wanted to keep her or not. But now that she's pissing in the house, Jami said it's time. Jami and I thought we were "dog people". But, um, no, we're not. I mean, if the dog didn't shed, piss in the house, if I didn't have to take her out multiple times a day, if I didn't have to worry about stepping in poop... we might be dog people. But we're not. Plus, it is a good time to get rid of her. Carter is only 19 months old and won't miss her at this age. So, Roxi's gone and we're free. Don't worry too much, the Humane Society had a sign up stating that they have the highest adoption rate in the Michiana area... but I did have to sign under this statement:
I, the undersigned hereby agree, that I relinquish all rights and further information regarding the above named animal or animals and agree they shall be disposed of at the discretion of the Humane Society of St. Joseph County.
Did they just say "disposed of?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home