My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ding-a ding-a ding ding ding ding ding

You are looking at THE WORST chinese food – EVER. I love chinese food. But I've found that there are only a few really good ones. In the whole Indiana/Michigan area we live in, I've only found two or three. So, I really hate trying out new places. We recently found a pretty good one really close by our home. But this past Friday, I found out as I walked into the joint that the ownership changed just two days prior. That itself made me question whether or not I should place an order or go. I decided to order anyway. What the heck, I was already there. Usually when I place an order at one of our good chinese joints, the person taking the order speaks in broken english and yells the order to the chef in chinese. I should have known I was not going to like the food when the person taking the order spoke better english than I did, wrote my order down in english, and then gave it to the chef who happened to be hispanic. When I got the food home, the chicken had a health foody taste, the sauce wasn't spicy and the fried rice wasn't really fried rice. It was white rice browned by a little soy sauce. Needless to say, neither Jami or myself finished our food. I did learn a few good lessons, stick with the good chinese place you know - even if you have to drive 15 minutes out of the way, and leave right away if the order-taker speaks better english than you do. This food was Ding-a ding-a ding ding ding ding crap!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Los said...

So we have a place called Mr. Yu's around here. I ordered cashew chicken last week. There were TWO peices of chicken within 400000000 cashews. I hear you on the stick with the places you know.
Los

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home