My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

7 Reasons Why Todd Cries

An article title on msn.com popped up on my email homepage entitled, Seven reasons babies cry and how to soothe them. Interesting. So I click on the title and realize that a few of the reasons babies cry are some of the very reasons I cry. Some aren't. But I've put together a list of my seven in no particular order:

I'm Hungry (same as baby) - In addition to getting crabby, I've been known to whine and complain... and stomp my feet... in my head.

I Don't Feel Good (same as baby) - Yup, I'm not proud of it, but I've laid on the couch or in bed curled up under the covers whining to whoever will listen about how bad my throat hurts... not proud of it... but it has happened and will happen again.

I Want To Be Held (similar to baby) - Guys... wait. Married guys, you all know what I'm talking about. There have been nights where I've wanted to... well, where I've wanted to just... cuddle. But it doesn't happen. So I take a deep sigh. Roll over heavily. And go to sleep disappointed... what did you think I was talking about!?

Cubs Are Below 500 - This year it's been a non-stop cry-fest.

Bad Apple Pies from McDonalds - It's a huge let down when I open up my box of apple pies to only find out the crust is burned, the pie is old or there's hardly any filling in the middle. And there's one particular McDonalds I won't go to just for that reason. Every time I've ordered apple pies, they've been horrible.

Staining A Piece of Clothing - There's hardly anything worse than going out somewhere only to find out that something I'm wearing, either has a stain on it, or getting a stain on it that night. I'm better than I use to be. But deep inside I still want to put everything on hold and race back home to change. I HATE wearing clothes with stains on them. HATE it.

Weddings - Well... specifically, Dog the Bounty Hunter's wedding. It was just so... well... so touching to watch him float on a wooden raft in his all-white suit with his sunglasses and mullet. I'm tearing up just typing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger versejer2911 said...

Dog is the man!!! You tell 'em youngblood...I mean Todd! Oh, and I know just what you mean about the 'cuddling' thing.

Tim

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home