My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Staggering Under Burden of Compassion

Great article from the Los Angeles Times: Staggering Under Burden of Compassion: An Episcopal priest burns out, finds a new approach to faith and writes a book about it.

Favorite response to question in article, "Who does Jesus think you are?"
The answer changes daily. Basically, I'm a middle-aged white woman who's never broken a bone. I'm a child of God on par with anybody sitting on death row. I'm not as wonderful or important as I think I am, nor as wretched.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Lovitt said...

I may have to write that on every name tag I have to wear! (until I am no longer middle aged!)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home