My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Team Building Exercise

Check this out. A woman is sueing her old employer for $1.2 million dollars for the humiliation she suffered while being spanked. Her previous employer said it was part of a team building exercise in which "employees were paddled with rival companies' yard signs as part of a contest that pitted sales teams against each other, according to court documents. The winners poked fun at the losers, throwing pies at them, feeding them baby food, making them wear diapers and swatting their buttocks." [click Spanked employee seeks $1.2 million to read full article.]

Wow. I can't believe a boss would allow such a thing. Who would attempt to build a team this way!? That leads me to another great question, "How am I building my team. What do I do to create an atmosphere of positive team building?" Because if there's no plan to build my team, then it's almost, if not as bad, as the above example. Team building has to be intentional, but it doesn't have to be intense. It can be simple. And, it can be applied to other areas of life besides ministry or work – like my family. And that's the bigger question for me... how am I building a positive team atmosphere in my family? Because if I'm not intentionally pursuing that, then I'm simply throwing pies, feeding baby food and swatting butts (metaphorically of course – Carter's almost a year and a half and done with baby food!), instead of being encouraging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home