My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

On Trial


Well, yesterday afternoon, Comcast came out to our home to install high-speed internet. We signed up for a four-month trial run and I told Jami that we'll go back to dial-up when the four months is up. I can't believe how fast I can download podcasts now. Instead of clicking on a couple of podcasts and going to bed, only to wake up and find that AOL had unexpectedly signed off, I can download huge files in a matter of seconds... sa-weet! Email is faster... life is well... life is more complete with high-speed internet. Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic. But... it's a dramatic change to go from 1986 to 2006 in internet technology. So, four months... hmmmm... that's funny. Sure, we'll go back to dial-up in four months... ha, ha, ha, h... I don't think so.

P.S. Now I've got to figure out what other upgrades we can try out... Digital Cable, maybe out cell phones have features we can try out... there's got to be others out there... I've got some thinking to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger praynlady said...

Dial up is so slow, only a "caveman" would use it!

I will never go back,
I will never go back,
I will never go back.

My mom always said, "Never say never"! but I said it and I will sell off my worldly possessions to keep that from ever happening!

DSL ROCKS!!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home