My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Embracing Grace


One of my Christmas gifts was a gift card to Barnes & Noble. Well, with that card I picked up Embracing Grace: A Gospel for All of Us by Scot McKnight. Here's a clipping from chapter one:
A local church always performs the gospel it proclaims. This may sound odd, so let me emphasize the word "always." A church always performs the gospel it proclaims because its performance is its proclamation. If you look at a church and what it does and how it operates you will see the gospel of that church. The important point to make here is that the deepest indicator of that church's gospel cannot be limited to the pastor's sermons, or the Sunday school teacher's teaching, or the doctrinal statement's affirmations. The sure indicator of the gospel in a local community is how those Christians live.
May I perform the gospel that I claim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home