My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Called Out

Here's an email I just received from Corey Mann.
Ok, I’m calling you out! You have turned into a DADDY! What happened to the intelligent, thought provoking, I recently read this, what do you think of that-posts???????? You have turned into “Look at my son” guy. (Of course not that that’s a bad thing) but co’mon man-YOU HAVE AN OPINION AND I WANT YOU TO EXPRESS IT! I’m tired of going to your blog and saying “Oh, that’s cute.”

We can do that anytime….my suggestion is to start a “carterruth.blogspot.com” and then you can post your cutsy videos and Santa Hat blahblahblah….I want some flippin’ Todd Ruth-the THINKER-posts…..NOW!

Just giving you a hard time. Go hug the toilet some more puker!
I know. I know. It has become a "DADDY" blog. As much as I love Carter and showing him off, it's not an on-purpose thing. Maybe it's because I had blogger depression. Maybe it's because I've been tired. Maybe it's been because I've been sick. Or maybe it's because I've been a lazy thinker this past month or so. In any case, I've been thinking the very same thing. I feel like I've missed out on so many quality posts... Falwell (or at least the Liberty Counsel) sueing over the saying Holiday vs. Christmas (regardless of when to defend our beliefs or not, does it make Christians look dumb when we sue over something like this. And SUE, is that the best way to defend?), MTV's marriage royalty break up of Jessica and Nick (were they really married - or was it a career boosting stunt?), the arrival of Ben and Jen's baby, or how Brad and Angelina are romancing around the globe! But seriously, you're right. I do have an opinion about everything... just ask my wife Jami. And it will be expressed like it has been in the past... maybe more so. But I'm not ready to start the carterruth.blogspot.com just yet. So yes, you can still expect to see some more of Carter in the future. But it will be back to normal on Live A Revolution starting – well – starting with this post. It's time, don't ya think, to start posting every day again. Thanks for calling me out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Well, he's a cute baby, so I can see what all the fuss is about. :)

I read your bottom post. The pastor sounds great...would be nice to find some formal religion again.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with being a proud Dad - in this day and age of dead-beat fathers and parents so immersed in their careers that they have virtually no time for their children; I personally find this Dad's devotion to his son refreshing! You can tell a lot about a man BY his devotion to his family - he can give his opinion any time - but he only gets one chance with his kids! Hopefully, some of you guys out there will follow this Dad's example and be the fathers your kids need!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Merri said...

I am 100% in agreement with ANONYMOUS......I love how you show off Carter on here. Keep it up Todd!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Seth and Sarah Yoder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Seth and Sarah Yoder said...

I am in 94.7% agreement with ANONYMOUS. In this day and age of father's being forced out of their children's lives and being only "wallets", it is great to see you have such an active love for your son. Many times fathers are "darned if they do and darned if they don't"...it is refreshing to see a man push aside society's pressures and be a doting dad!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home