My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Belts. Tow Trucks. And Auto Service Repair Shops

So, I leave work this afternoon all pumped about getting a cd filled with video that Corey made for me when all of a sudden I hear... rat a tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat (if you say it real fast, it actually sounds like what was going on under the hood of my car). So I pull over immediately. I'm sure the guy behind me let me know I'm number one. But I didn't care. I pop the hood... no mess. I guess that's good. So I go back and turn the ignition... same sound. And as I looked I saw that one of my belts had started to come undone and was spinning and hitting things in the engine. The guy at the service station I called said I should tow my car. So I took his advice. It's now waiting to be looked at either tomorrow or Monday. The funniest part of this fiasco (wait, it's not funny)... the funny part of this fiasco is the question Jami asked me... "Couldn't you just buy a belt and put it on yourself?" Are you kidding me? If it was a flat tire, I'd be good to go. But engine work!? I'm the most car illiterate in the continental United States... wait, North America... wait... the entire world... no, wait... the entire Milky Way. Sure I could put on the belt, but I'd lose my salvation along the way and probably a couple of fingers too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home