My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Every year at this time, my family and I travel an hour away to cut down our Christmas Trees. By family, I mean my father, mother, Jami, two brothers, my brother's wife and my brother's girlfriend, and now, Carter. It's a big day. It's a big tradition that spans back as far as I can remember. And this year is no different. Rather than giving you the details in words, here are some pictures to tell some of the story.




Alright. I know it's cold. I'm ready... let's go get our tree!



Hey grandpa, can this binky freeze to my face?



Our horse/hay ride out to get our trees.



Look at all these trees mommy.



This is my brother's tree. Isn't it perfect?



Unfortunately, here's the bottom half. He got his tree by cutting half of it off.



Carter and Santa... why is he dressed like that? That's not normal, is it?



I love this place daddy!



Whoa, that's kind of close donkey!



I'm a stocking. I'm a stocking!



I love trains!



Here's my crazy uncles. I love them so much!



Hi. We're the snow family. How are you?



The kids. Pat, Valorie, Katie, Tim, Jami, Todd and Carter



The Ruths... Pat, Tim, Dana (Momma Ruth), Jim (Pappa Ruth) the ones who started this tradition, Todd and Carter.



Hey, I'm just over two feet tall. I can't wait to measure myself next year.



That's me and mommy putting up my first ornament.



And here I am, enjoying my first Christmas tree at home. And yup, mommy and daddy have to keep watching me so I don't pull it over on myself... I love Christmas!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Mark Rodriguez said...

cool... mine comes out of a box and it's pre-lit....

I know it sucks, but there's nowhere to cut christmas trees down in Miami. I thought about decorating a palm tree once... but the county wouldn't let me cut it down...

So Lowes had a great after Christmas deal last year... and we solved the problem...

Great Post, love the pictures...

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo... if I want to be a girl in your family, do I have to get a white coat?
--Kem

4:44 PM  
Blogger Tammy McMullen said...

Okay so where is the real story about this adventure? I think you left out part of the story :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Todd Ruth said...

Kem, if you want to be a girl in our family, then yes you need a white coat. But if you want to be a boy in our family you can wear what you want.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Todd Ruth said...

Tammy, you're right. There's SO much more. I really wanted to get something up, but didn't feel like telling a story because I've been sick. But You're right, I could have told how I really over reacted as a first-time dad and the ensuing arguement with Jami. And I could have told about how while driving 55mph down the highway we almost lost our tree off the roof of our car and had to pull off to the side of the road and how I said "great, who's going to help me" even though Jami was standing on the side of the road with me. And I guess I could have told about how I was yelling at the semi drivers to get over in the other lane as I stuck the tree in our trunk even though the truck drivers couldn't hear me. But I really was too sick to sit longer in front of the computer to tell the whole world about some of my not-so-great momemts.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, wondered about the white jackets! I HAVE to know if that was planned ... Connie

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home