My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tick, Tick, Tick

So Jami and I bought this cool alarm clock a few months ago. It's the kind that sets itself if the power goes out, let's you set two different alarm times and has a dimmer so it doesn't keep you up by the bright lights. It's so cool, I didn't even have to set it the first time I plugged it in - it just zipped to the right time. Ok, fast forward to this morning... I had to get up at 7 so I could be to work by 9, so that's what I set my alarm for. But when the alarm went off, I woke up startled like I do when I sleep late. I mean, I just shot up out of bed - sat straight up. I mumbled a few words to Jami and then said, "What time is it!?". She mumbled something back and then said, "What are you doing? It's 7 a.m. You're fine." So I settle down and get into my morning routine - put coffee on, take a shower, put on the D.O. for the B.O. and watch a little Fox News. I glance at the clock off and on, but only at the minute hand because why do I need to see what hour it is, I just got up. So when the minute hand hits :55 I leave for work so I can get there early (it takes about 40-45 minutes to get there). So I'm in my car driving to work listening to a Sevendust song and the phone rings... it's work. "Hey, you ok?", they ask. Uh yeah... holy crap, is it 9 already!? Because I just looked at my car time clock. "Uh, yeah", they said. And at that moment I remembered that the time for regular cities like Niles, Michigan fell back an hour. And my clock, which is pretty cool, knew that it was time to fall back an hour and re-set itself. But what it didn't know is that our city doesn't fall back an hour like everyone else does. So when my alarm clock said 7 a.m. it was actually 8 a.m. which meant that I was an hour late to work. But when I arrived to work, instead of being angry I was late, they were happy because it meant that they got to watch another hour of stupid videos from stupidvideos.com. I just can't believe that with six different clocks in my house, I didn't realize that my one alarm clock was wrong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home