My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Metrosexuals Are Out


No, not out of the closet... just out. Here to replace them – the Ubersexual. According to a report on the Today Show, women never really caught on to the idea of the metrosexual male. And in an article written in the New York Times, In Time of Studied Ambiguity, a Label for the Manly Man, women want a guy who maintains their manhood, demonstrate positive characteristics of the "real man" of yesteryear (strong, resolute, fair) and are poised to not only change a diaper but to discuss how they feel about it. According to the authors of "The Future of Men", the top three Ubersexuals are Bono, George Clooney and Bill Clinton. Although I would argue that Billy-boy hasn't really demonstrated the positive characteristics of a "real man." So, men, if you're still overly concerned about exfoliating, Diesel jeans and take longer to get ready than the majority of women, you're so out... at least according to this recent trend... which may be "out" as quickly as the metrosexuals are today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Myles said...

Dang... and I thought all I needed to do was buy "AXE for men" and my wife would be all over me.

TV lied to me... why?

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home