My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Do Men Have Man Crushes?

The Today Show asked that question this morning, "Do men get man crushes?" Crushes on men!? Absolutely not!! I would neve... wait... what's a Man Crush?
When a straight man has a "crush" on another man, not sexual but kind of idolizing him. -Urban Dictionary
And we all remember the Seinfeld episode when Jerry meets Keith Hernandez. Jerry freaks out when Keith doesn't call right away. And when they do set the "date" for the coffee shop, Jerry freaks out again wondering what to wear. AND when Keith cancels a "date" with Jerry to instead go out with Elaine, Jerry freaks out again.

Ok, so I have idolized other guys – Ryne Sandburg, Rob Bell, Louie Giglio and others. And I have gotten jealous when some of my other guy friends have asked others to do things and not me. Does that mean that I... could it mean that... would it mean that... I... (gulp) have Man Crushes!? Oh WAIT! I've never freaked out over what I was going to wear to a guy-get-together! Shwooo. Nope, I guess I've never had a Man Crush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home