My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Disturbing!

Does anyone else find these commercials from Burger King disturbing. The latest shows a dude cutting down a tree, and as the tree falls there suddenly appears a king with a huge fake head, real man hands and white tights. If it were me, I'm sure I would have either turned white and screamed like a little school girl, or the dude would have gotten a chain-saw to the side of his head. But no, the man gives a moronic grin and actually takes the sandwich from him! This is just the latest in a line of what I find to be creepy, disturbing commercials. One of the first had the same weird king waking up beside a regular man in the same bed. Instead of wetting the bed, (which I probably would have done) he gives the same dumb grin and accepts the sandwich. And at the end of this commercial the king puts his hand on the dudes knee... can you say CREEPY!? In another commercial, the guy wakes up and pulls open his bedroom shades. There, in the middle of his backyard, stands the king like Hannibal Lector. The man turns his head and in one second the king is standing right in front of him. Again, I'm thinking that urinating my pants would be appropriate at the very least. But no, he takes the sandwich. Please tell me that I'm not the only one that finds these commercials to be very disturbing. I'm thinking that someone from Crispin Porter + Bogusky (that's the ad agency that created the concepts) has had some experience in stalking – or has had some childhood dreams, or nightmares, that are creeping into these commercials. Whatever the case may be, whenever I go through the drive-thru at Burger King, I'm expecting to see the king pop up in my back seat out of nowhere, be in the drive-thru window taking my money or in the back making my food with those big man hands... now that would be disturbing!

8 Comments:

Blogger Corey Mann said...

The only thing I do like about those is "Wake Up with the King"...for us REVOLUTIONARIES...but you are right, it scares urine out of me.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we eat enough of that fast food, having a tights wearing, big headed king in the back seat will be the least of our problems! But you are so right - there are so many WEIRD commercials out there now - how about the one where the Dad sees his son dressed in women's clothing and is only concerned about the kid's overages on his cell phone bill!!! Very strange!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Dana said...

That guy has always creeped me out!! He just stands there for pete's sake!!!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Mack Collier said...

Agree he is creepy, which prompted this post today: http://www.beyondmadisonavenue.com/2005/10/will-king-be-here-for-halloween.html

Tell me that wouldn't sell!

1:25 PM  
Blogger becky c said...

I hate the one with the lumberjack. Not only is there a weird king guy that just stands there and stares, with a very creepy grin on his face, but then they show a sandwhich that is basically a heart attack on a plate! (or should I say, little paper wrapper)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Mak said...

That Burger "King" is terrifying. I am surprised I haven't had nightmares.

8:12 PM  
Blogger praynlady said...

Maybe they should have one between Burger King and Ronald McDonald! They'd just have to edit out the part where Ronald whoops his freaky butt! Other than that, I hate their commercials. I don't buy their food either, it's too expensive. After you pay a fortune for it, you spend another fortune on the medical care for clogged arteries!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Lanette said...

I thought I was the only one that got seriously disturbed over the creepy Burger King dude. HE FREAKS ME OUT!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home