My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

B-votional: One & Only

I'm a huge baseball fan. I mean, with the last name Ruth, it should be a crime not to be a fan of baseball. I would love to be able to say that I own the one and only baseball that Hank Aaron hit when he broke Babe Ruth's Home Run record – or at least have access to it daily so I could stare at it, hold it or hug it (ok, maybe that's going too far). Unfortunately that's not going to happen. But I can say that I know the Ultimate One and Only. Check it out:
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1v14
I love that phrase... "One and Only". I've been thinking about that for a few days now... Jesus, the One and Only...the True One and Only... the only One and Only... it's really rocked my world these past few days... here's why:
God is the One and Only...
  • Life sustainer
  • Giver of life
  • Giver of hope
  • Giver of complete love
  • Giver of purpose
  • Giver of direction
  • Giver of peace
  • Giver of restoration
  • Giver of mercy
  • Giver of grace
  • Giver of fun
  • Giver of joy
  • Giver of community
  • Giver of honesty
  • Giver of complete openness and transperancy
And this is just the beginning. There's more. The challenge for you... find how God is your One and Only and let it rock your world.

1 Comments:

Blogger praynlady said...

This was an awesome example of how someone could put to use the analogies that people come up with. I loved this one because it is easy to see where you are going with it and it means more to some people when they understand the analogy to begin with. This was a good one. Thanks Todd, I needed that today of all days.

by the way......"GO 'STROS"...
sorry, I couldn't resist.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home