My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm Mad...

I recently ran across this show for the first time in a long time last week at 1:00 in the morning while I was Fort Wayne. I probably shouldn't admit this, but it is one of my all-time favorite shows. The show started in 1992. I can remember asking my mom to record the show while I went off to work at Kroger. At the time I was 16 years old. What 16 year old records a show like Mad About You! And what 16 year old asks his mommy to record the show for him! Well... I did. I know... sad isn't it. At age 17 I worked at Finish Line and bought the same shoes that "Paul Buchman" wore... sad. At age 18, I bought the Mad About You CD soundtrack... not sad. Still have it. It's got some good music on there. At age 19, I convinced my college roommate to buy his own copy of the Mad About You CD soundtrack. And at age 23, two months and seven days before I got married, the show ended. I'm not sure why I feel the need to tell you this, but my favorite episodes were the ones that showed how he proposed and the three months leading up to their wedding... oh ya, it was a two-parter.
I hear seasons 1 & 2 are out on DVD. Those will be in my collection right next to Seinfeld. It's weird how seeing a tv show can bring back memories so vividly – like the theme song. So... if you know the Mad About You theme song, sing it with me... "Tell me why, I love you like I do? Tell me who can stop my heart as much as you..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I was always a HUGE fan of Anything But Love. It needs a DVD release.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home