My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Friday, September 16, 2005

I'm Dedicated Baby

Last night at Granger we celebrated baby dedication night. In a day where children are being found locked in cages, it was awesome to participate with hundreds of other families and a few of our close friends (McMullens, Verdines, Bryants) in dedicating our children and our homes to God. Literally hundreds of families brought their children up to say, "Yes, we will love on our children and provide them with a home that will raise them up to know Jesus." Both Jami and my parents, Jami's brother, my brother and his new wife, J.R., Chris and great grandma and grandpa Ruth, along with a thousand of our other church family were there and made a promise to partner up with us. And let's not forget Carter, he did awesome. He loves his baths, so when it came time to go up front to lay hands on him and pray, he almost went head first into the bowl of water! And that would have been more than ok with him.



Oh, what's that!? Water? I can almost reach it!



Ok, if I can just push Mark's should away I can
get to it.



Wait! Where are we going. I can't leave the water.
Oh and I have to apologize for my hair... Debbie,
hurry up and get back from Colorado!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I couldve been there for that, it sounds like it was an amazing night at GCC. Im sorry I missed it.

Debbie

11:35 AM  
Blogger John said...

Does your church define this as a baptism, or is that left to adult believers?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Todd Ruth said...

I really, really want to say that this was his baptism just to see what kind of comments I get. But no, this is not defined as baptism but our way of dedicating babies. Baptism is left to our adult believers because babies who are 8 months old really can't profess their faith in Jesus. I hope that clears things up... but I really want to say that he was baptized... but I won't because he wasn't.

4:41 PM  
Blogger John said...

I see.

Hmm.

Why is your blog listed on the Methodist Blogroll?

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home