My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

You So Crazy...

I was listening to the radio on my way into work yesterday and overheard a couple of talkshow hosts talking about this book called, Admit It, You're Crazy! Quirks, Idiosyncrasies, and Irrational Behavior. The following are a couple of clips from the book:
A friend of mine marked all the faucets in his house with a little piece of colored tape so that he could turn them to the exact desired temperature with just one twist. When he takes a shower all he has to do is turn the hot knob three quarters of a turn and the cold a quarter of a turn to the tape and it's the right temperature.

I have to spread the toothpaste across the full width of the bristles of the toothbrush. If it doesn't extend across the full width, I'll wash it off and start again or I won't brush my teeth.

I have a friend that counts (1, 2, 3...) when she goes to the bathroom and tries to end her peeing on an even number.
Now for a couple from me... Each time I walk down the basement stairs I tap the wall above my head like the Irish do to the "Play Like A Champion" sign. And when I use public restrooms I raise the toilet seat and flush with my foot.

I'm sure there's more I have, but that's weird enough for now. So what about you, what idiosyncrasies and irrational behavior do you have that you're brave enough to share?

3 Comments:

Blogger praynlady said...

Oh, so many to think of and so little time. This one is really good, I'll have to think on it awhile and get back to ya on it (them) haha.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Ditto on the public foot flush.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine anyone NOT flushing with their foot! I don't want to shake the hand of someone who doesn't!!!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home