My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Still Going...

Yesterday (8.11.05) kicked off Willow Creek's Leadership Summit. I would go into some of the notes that I took, but you can find most of them on one of Tony Morgan's assistants blog, Kem Meyer. (That's an inside joke... sorry) I know it's probably not kosher to make inside jokes on public blogs read by people who won't get the inside joke. If I were to make rules to regulate blogs, I would probably include a "no inside joke" rule... oh, sorry... that's another inside joke. In any case, there was also discussion at our lunch table wondering who would be bold (or stupid) enough to blog about the comment Bill Hybels made that woke up a previously sleepy teenager... contrary to my previous thought in the day, I don't think I'll be the one to repeat it in my blog... yeah, it's either that funny, or that edgy... probably that edgy.

So, at this point I'm sure you're sitting in your chair going, "huh". If you are, I apologize. There's a good reason for it. Here's a rough estimate of my schedule:
6 a.m. (8.11.05) Woke up for the day.
7:30 a.m. Fed Carter.
8:15 a.m. Dropped Carter off at my parents' house.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Willow Creek Leadership Summit.
5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Picked up Carter and had dinner.
7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Our mid-week church service.
9:15 p.m. - 10:15 p.m. Get ready to go to work.
11 p.m. - 8 a.m. Work.
8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Drive to Leadership Summit.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Leadership Summit.
5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Get ready and drive to my brother's wedding rehearsal.
6 p.m. - 7 p.m. Wedding rehearsal.
7:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. ish Rehearsal Dinner.
10 p.m. ish to ???? (8.12.05) Maybe hang out with my brothers and some friends.
So I apologize for anything that doesn't make sense... like the first part of this entry. But by my calculations (by the way, I sucked at math. So please feel free to recalculate my calculations.) I will be up for roughly 42 straight hours. I'm currently typing this at 4:15 a.m. so I may crash before the actual 42nd hour hits, but that's what I'm looking at right now. I'm kind of curious to see how I'm going to be mentally and physically later on. I already know what Jami is thinking... CRABBY! Maybe, but I'm thinking this is going to be a challenge... and I love a good challenge. Anybody got any No Doze!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy McMullen said...

You are out of your mind.........

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home