My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Inked

Well... I did it. That's right. I got inked... branded... tattooed. I actually didn't think I could go through with it. But I did. Right on my left shoulder (picture below). I chose the Hebrew word for Shalom (peace). Here's my research for why -
A word study in the New King James version for SHALOM says: Completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb Shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. In modern Hebrew the obviously related word Shelem means to pay for, and Shulam means to be fully paid. Sar SHALOM (Prince of Peace) is one of the descriptive names the Bible uses to indicate the ministry and personality of the Messiah: Isaiah 9:6 - The Son of God is completely perfect in all things. So in essence, when you speak out the word SHALOM - you are not only proclaiming peace, but all the above meanings of the word over that person - that's a mighty blessing!!!
How cool is that! I want my life tattooed, if you will, with Shalom. Not only that, but as a Christian, my sins have been paid in full and I am perfect and complete in Jesus. So, if you're wondering why I chose what I did... that's why.

Numbers 6:24-26: The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His face upon you and give you SHALOM. In the name of SAR SHALOM - the Prince of Peace.

So with that said, here are a couple of photos:

1 Comments:

Blogger praynlady said...

cool tat. I know that you are younger than me but for my 39th b-day I got inked. An ankle bracelet on my right ankle with 2 charms so far, a butterfly for my son, and a frog for my daughter. I still have 5 charms to go but I can't decided why I am procrastinating...
1-painful
2-money
3-painful
Believe the artists when they tell you the ankle and the underarm are the worst places to get tats. Yours looks really cool. Take care of it and do what they tell you. Mine have color and it is already fading because I didn't keep it covered up like they said to after it was done. I rode down the guadalupe river for 8.5 hours. lol

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home