My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Two Days Of 4th Of July Fun

The 4th of July weekend kicked off for the Ruth family on July 3. Lindsey, her son Dawson, her mom and two more of their friends met us at our house so they could follow us up to our usual fireworks location, Silver Beach in Michigan. We were going to meet some other friends up there, but instead of looking for the giant "Chopsticks" I looked for the giant "Chapstick". I love cell phones. Needless to say, we never found the chapstick and decided to just find a spot on the beach. One of my favorite things to do is people watch. It's really fun at the beach. There are all types of people doing all types of things. I'm pretty sure I saw Santa Claus in a red Speedo. I saw people playing volleyball, kids eating sand and couples making out. Note to guys: if you're wearing a swim suit while you make out, don't get up to get a drink for yourself or your lady... nobody needs to see that. This was Carter's first 4th of July and his first time at the beach. Other than getting crabby because of the heat (just like daddy), he did really well. He loves the sand and water. And after getting dirty looks from a number of people when we told them we were going to bring him to a fireworks show, I'm happy to say that he loved all the colors and sounds. (You can check out the photos at the end of this post) I on the other hand thought they were just ok... but that's only part of the reason we go up there.
Day Two
Day two took us to Tammy's Dad's lake cottage in Syracuse, Indiana. Whenever you get Tammy, Daryl, Adam, Becky, Becky's sister and ALL of the kids together in one place it's always a good time. In the middle of talking and eating, and relaxing I got the chance to take the jetski out. I'm always nervous when I'm operating someone else's stuff, especially when it costs more money than I have in the bank. But it was fun. The view was great, the company was better. It was a good time to just sit back, relax and get away. The fireworks this time were better, and longer than at Silver Beach. They really did a good job. Thanks Tammy, Daryl and Tammy's dad for inviting us up. We loved it. As promised, check out the photos below

2 Comments:

Blogger praynlady said...

Oooooh! Like I needed that image in my poor brain! haha

6:34 PM  
Blogger Todd Ruth said...

neither did i!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home