My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Monday, June 20, 2005

My Never-Ending Day

Just thought I'd give you a glimpse of my day. It began when I got off of work at 12 a.m. after working ten hours. I arrived home just in time to fall asleep for three and a half hours. Woke up at 5 a.m. to be back at work by7 a.m. to work another nine and a half hours. Drove home to see Jami and Carter for 45 minutes and then off to my weekly softball game. I love playing softball with the guys on my team. Some attend GCC and others do not. It's an interesting mix of guys who are competitive but not so much so that a loss ruins their night (by the way, we're in first). I particularly love being able to notice that I'm not 18 years old anymore. I know I'm only 29,but let's face it, I'm not as fast as I used to be and apparently my eyesight isn't what it used to be because I'm dropping balls that I would have caught a couple of years ago. It's humbling to know that my game is declining and I'm just not as good as I used to be. Oh well, I always can look forward to coaching Carter and living through him. Speaking of Carter, he got the chance to attend his first viewing slash wake slash funeral home experience. Apparently he did very good. I was a little nervous, it just didn't seem right for him to experience something like that at 5 months old... of course he will never remember it ��� but you never know. This is probably totally inappropriate to share, but everytime I attend or think about a viewing or funeral my mind wonders back to "Goonies" where Chunk was stuck in the freezer and he realizes he's not alone and yells, "It's a stiff!" Like I said, probably inappropriate. On that note, I'm out and going to bed to sleep 10 hours...or whenever Carter wakes up ��� ya he's getting five teeth in at once ��� OUCH!


chunk
Originally uploaded by toddruth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home