My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Introducing...


newcoffee
Originally uploaded by toddruth.
The newest addition to our kitchen. I love waking up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning. So each night before I go to bed, I pour the water, carefully measure the coffee and set the timer. This past Saturday night was no different. I went through my normal routine and then went to bed with sweet dreams of freshly brewed coffee. As usual, the alarm went off at 5 a.m. and the fragrance hit my nose immediately. I walked to the kitchen, past the coffee maker, and grabbed my new Starbucks coffee cup I received for Father's Day. I walked past the coffee maker again to get some sugar. And then I noticed that part of the floor was brown. Hmmm, that's odd, I thought to myself. I then followed the brown trail up the white cabinet, to the counter. To my horror I saw the coffee pot sitting on top of Carter's formula, where I had left it the night before. I had brewed coffee without the coffee pot in the coffee maker! There was coffee and coffee grounds everwhere. Click here to see a shot of my old messy coffee maker. I cleaned up what I could and then had to leave the rest for Jami to clean up. After she got done cleaning the coffee maker, she plugged it in and realized that I, her husband, had shorted it out because of my mistake that morning. In any case, I got a new coffee maker and will still be able to wake up to that great smell each morning... providing I place the coffee pot in the coffee maker.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy McMullen said...

What a nice wife you have to let you buy a new coffee maker, but I suppose the trade off would be a $4.00 coffee at starbucks everday.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Jami said...

EXACTLY... I didnt' want to waste the money on one, but I knew, he would buy coffee out everyday...and added that up quickly in my head and rushed out to Walmart... :)

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home