My Photo
Name:

Probation Officer and Adult Volunteer Leader for the High School Ministry of Granger Community Church.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Blog Book Club

This past Tuesday I grabbed two new books, Early Bird by Rodney Rothman, and The Naked Christian by Craig Borlase. Early Bird is written by a former head writer for the Late Show with David Letterman. This dude actually decides to retire early at the age of 28, travel to Boca Raton and move in with an elderly piano teacher who has multiple cats and birds at a retirement community that's home to thousands of senior citizens. Here's a short paragraph that I thought was funny for multiple reasons, but mainly for the last sentence...
When a filthy bird shouts at me not to worry, I start to worry a lot more. It's not like I can tell the bird to shut the hell up. To begin with, Jesus is in my bedroom. I'm not Christian, but it's not like I want to curse in front of the dude's picture. What if it turns out he's real? That's what I need, for the bird to imitate me saying, "SHUT THE HELL UP," then Jesus gets pissed, and then Margaret kicks me out of the condo.
I've never heard it put that way. I've heard that Jesus got angry, but never pissed... is that possible? If you're looking for a funny read, I would recommend this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Jesus seemed pretty pissed when he kicked those dudes out of the temple.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home